Box Set: First Knowledges
Exploring practices such as Songlines, architecture and design, land management, astronomy, botany and law, this series brings together two very different ways of understanding the natural world: one ancient, the other modern.
Each book is a collaboration between Indigenous and non-Indigenous writers and editors. The series is edited by Margo Neale, senior Indigenous curator at the National Museum of Australia.
The box set includes:
· Songlines by Lynne Kelly and Margo Neale (2020)
· Design by Alison Page and Paul Memmott (2021)
· Country by Bill Gammage and Bruce Pascoe (2021)
· Astronomy by Karlie Noon and Krystal De Napoli (2022)
· Plants by Zena Cumpston, Michael-Shawn Fletcher and Lesley Head (2022)
· Law by Marcia Langton and Aaron Corn (2023)
How to make a basket | Author: Jazz Money
Simmering with protest and boundless love, Jazz Money's David Unaipon Award-winning collection,?how to make a basket, examines the tensions of living in the Australian colony today. By turns scathing, funny...
Songlines: The Power and Promise | Author: Margo Neale and Lynne Kelly
The First Knowledges series offers an introduction to First Nations?knowledges in vital areas and their application to the present day and the future. Exploring practices such as architecture and design,...
Design: Building on Country | Author: Alison Page
Aboriginal design is of a distinctly cultural nature, based in the Dreaming and in ancient practices grounded in Country. It is visible in the aerodynamic boomerang, the ingenious design of...