Art Monthly Magazine | Issue 324 | Winter 2020
Art Monthly Australasia is the region's flagship visual arts publication, critically engaging with contemporary and historical practice across 8 editions each year (from March to December), including regular Winter and Summer bumper editions, and a range of special thematic editions with coverage from the best writers and curators across the region with an expanded focus on the Asia-Pacific.
- DISPATCHES: ANDREW STEPHENS
- FREEDOM AND HORROR: VIEWING ART DURING COVID-19: MICHAEL FITZGERALD, SYDNEY
- LACK FRIDAY IN GOTHAM: PAT HOFFIE, NEW YORK
- A PRACTICE OF PROTEST AND PROTECTION: THE MASKS OF JEMIMA WYMAN: LUCY JACKSON
- WATCHING YOU, WATCHING ME: GISELLE STANBOROUGH’S ‘CINOPTICON’: STEPHANIE BERLANGIERI, SYDNEY
- READ SO THAT WRITING WON’T FAIL US: EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AND DIGITAL PLATFORMS: ZARA STANHOPE
- A GOOD TIME TO BE A POST-INTERNET ARTIST: SOPHIA HALLOWAY, CANBERRA
- ARRESTING THE TOURISTIC GAZE: THERESE RITCHIE AND THE ART OF REPRESENTATION IN A TRANSIENT PLACE: KOULLA ROUSSOS, DARWIN
- THE ARCHIVE AND THE PUBLIC SQUARE: ALEX BURCHMORE, SEOUL
- MAKING CONNECTIONS: MITIANA ARBON, WINNIE DUNN, ENOCH MAILANGI AND TALIA SMITH IN CONVERSATION
- SOME NOTES ON ANNE WALLACE’S ‘STRANGE WAYS’: HAMISH SAWYER, BRISBANE
- ROOM TO EXHALE: MEL O’CALLAGHAN’S ‘CENTRE OF THE CENTRE’: ANABELLE LACROIX
- DANIEL THOMAS TO A T: MICHAEL FITZGERALD
- THE CHRISTO BACKLASH: DANIEL THOMAS
NIRIN: 22nd Biennale of Sydney 2020
The 22nd Biennale of Sydney is an expansive artist- and First Nations-led exhibition of contemporary art that connects local communities and global networks. Brook Andrew, one of Australia’s most distinguished...
Saltwater: Paintings of Sea Country: The Recognition of Indigenous Sea Rights: 2nd edition | Author: Buku Larrnggay Mulka Centre
"The saltwater ... here it rests in the saltwater country, but it all has names. Just like Garrngirr, just like Nadayun, just like Mumuthun, every individual’s name is a special...
Ancient Ochres : The Aboriginal Rock Paintings of Mount Borradaile | Author: David Andrew Roberts
Back in stock soon.
The Mount Borradaile region in the Top End of Australia's Northern Territory contains some of the world's most spectacular and elaborate rock paintings. Unrivalled in terms of variety and vividness,...