Art Monthly Magazine | Issue 320 | November 2019
Art Monthly Australasia is the region's flagship visual arts publication, critically engaging with contemporary and historical practice across 8 editions each year (from March to December), including regular Winter and Summer bumper editions, and a range of special thematic editions with coverage from the best writers and curators across the region with an expanded focus on the Asia-Pacific.
- DISPATCHES: ANDREW STEPHENS
- NOTES FROM THE FIELD: CHLOÉ WOLIFSON
- TO STRUCTURE, SUPPORTIVELY: PATRICK D. FLORES
- A VISUAL KIND OF EXCAVATION: FINDING CARLOS VILLA’S FILIPINO ROOTS: MARK DEAN JOHNSON AND SHERWIN RIO
- ON ARCHIVING AND POSSIBILITIES: THANAVI CHOTPRADIT
- AN ART-WORLD MAKING WITH RAY ALBANO: THE FUTURE I WILL NEVER HAVE; JUDY FREYA SIBAYAN
- DUCK ISLAND TO DORSODURO: ‘LIVING ROCKS’ AT VENICE; LOUISE MARTIN-CHEW, VENICE
- WORLDS NOT FAR FROM HERE; TARUN NAGESH, CANBERRA
- EXPERIENCING VEGETAL ONTOLOGY: EMMA WALKER AT LISMORE REGIONAL GALLERY; MOYA COSTELLO, LISMORE
- SARAH CONTOS: CHTHONIC FANTASIES; WES HILL
- FIXING THE BOUNDARIES: MAO TONGQIANG’S LEASEHOLDS; MINERVA INWALD
- GORDON SHEPHERDSON 1934 - 2019; BRUCE HEISER
NIRIN: 22nd Biennale of Sydney 2020
The 22nd Biennale of Sydney is an expansive artist- and First Nations-led exhibition of contemporary art that connects local communities and global networks. Brook Andrew, one of Australia’s most distinguished...
Saltwater: Paintings of Sea Country: The Recognition of Indigenous Sea Rights: 2nd edition | Author: Buku Larrnggay Mulka Centre
"The saltwater ... here it rests in the saltwater country, but it all has names. Just like Garrngirr, just like Nadayun, just like Mumuthun, every individual’s name is a special...
Ancient Ochres : The Aboriginal Rock Paintings of Mount Borradaile | Author: David Andrew Roberts
Back in stock soon.
The Mount Borradaile region in the Top End of Australia's Northern Territory contains some of the world's most spectacular and elaborate rock paintings. Unrivalled in terms of variety and vividness,...